Carrier Services Group is committed to the Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) of all persons within its facility.
Carrier Services Group’s top management has set in place procedures to define, document and endorse this OH&S policy and includes its commitment to protecting the safety and health of persons at work and others who might be affected by their work activities.
This policy will be achieved by:
- Adherence to all relevant International, Federal, State and local OH&S treaties, legislations and regulations;
- Recognizing and implementing OH&S as an integral part of improving business performance;
- Achieving a high level of OH&S performance, and a commitment to continual cost-effective improvement in performance;
- Minimizing risk and the prevention of injury, ill health, diseases and incidents;
- Acknowledging that people are the key resource and promoting the general health and safety of employees;
- Providing adequate and appropriate resources to implement the policy including access to competent specialist advice where necessary;
- Setting and publishing OH&S objectives at a minimum by internal notification;
- Placing management of OH&S as a prime responsibility of line management from most senior executive to first-line supervisory level;
- Ensuring its understanding, implementation and maintenance at all levels in the organization;
- Ensuring employee involvement, participation and consultation to gain commitment to the policy and its implementation;
- Ensuring that employees at all levels receive appropriate training and are competent to carry out their duties and responsibilities;
- Periodically reviewing the policy, the management system and audit of compliance to policy, as a driver of continual improvement;
- Periodically reporting OH&S management performance internally and to external parties where required.